18 replies to this topic

#16 saintguardian

saintguardian

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

Is there a website or something of that sort to help me figure out how to grind my skills?  I can't figure out what's the best way to get my stats up since hexing and cheating doesn't exist in this game.

I forgot to tell you that I'm using dosbox, so I'm sure the hint system won't work since cheat engine also doesn't work.  I don't have a system to run this on because I only have windows 7 computers in the house.  Yeah, I know.  Dumb idea but it's the displeasure of not having a windows xp disk since the one I had was scratched up during a move.  So a way to cheat and/or help me find faster way of grinding my skills would be awesome!

#17 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

DOSBox is THE preferred way. It was,even in old XP days. Even 486 machines were far too fast for the Glory games. Besides, if your system is new enough to run Win7, chances are that you would not get XP to run stably, anyway. The recommended way to setup the games is to use the new installers if you already own the games or to buy the GOG collection.

As far as grinding, it is not really that big of a deal. Wandering around fighting enemies not only builds your fighting skills, but also is also a way getting items. Fighting the sword master is another way good way to build fighting skills. Your climbing skill can be quickly built by several repeated attempts to get the healer's ring, climbing the the town's gate at night or the castle. Throwing can be built by tossing stones picked up from the ground and is another way to get the healer's ring. Stealth can be raised by sneaking everywhere instead of just walking.

If you don't have the patience to do any grinding at all, you can start with one of the available save games from the start of the game that already has all of the stats built. Of course you will not have any of the customizations that you originally set when you created your character.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#18 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

After all this is Quest for Glory, not World of Warcaft :P

• Collector likes this

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

#19 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Somehow, I was thinking that this was about QfG1, so forget about what I said about where to build stats. The Adventurers guild will allow you to build climing and stamina. Battles are still the best for building combat skills and money. You can pratice glide in the garden.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users