2 replies to this topic

#1 Humble Adventurer

Humble Adventurer

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:00 PM

After playing for several hours (increasing almost every stat to max) and finally getting to the room where you use the dispel potion on the Baron's daughter, I have had the following problem: I inexplicably "die" and the message box says "Bitten by a program bug. Suddenly the deadly poison Fragmentation Bug leaps out of a crack in the system, and injects you with its poison. Alas, there is no cure, save to... Restore Restart Quit."

Has anyone else had any experience with this problem? Is it correctable in any way? This is on the original EGA version of the game (the version I prefer). I just hope someone knows something that can help me. Thanks

#2 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:51 PM

I've never heard of this.

It does seem as though your options are simple, though. Just restore your last saved game.

You DID save games, right...?
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#3 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:03 PM

I've had this happen before, there is a similar one in TBF. Basically sometimes when you play the game too long in a row it sputters out. Like the message says, you just have to restore to a previous saved game. Because all seasoned adventures Save early and Save often. smile.gif

Find QFG Import files here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users