• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

I've been curious about this for awhile.

I know that for DOSBox, you're stuck with AdLib/SoundBlaster, unless you use a Roland (either emulator or real), but I've wondered this ever since I began the series...

What kind of sound card does the GOG version of QFG use? It's not blippy-bloopy-buzzy as AdLib or SoundBlaster, but it's not the sweeping orchestral of the Roland MT-32 either! It sounds quite nice, and I only heard it for the first four games, except 5 of course.

#2 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

It is justAdLib Music. The driver itself is a hacked drive that I came across that adds SoundBlaster digital sound support to the AdLib so that it will play both digital sound effects and music. The music should sound marginally better as it has been made stereo with slightly increased polyphony than the original driver had. I also added an MTBLAST.DRV driver hacked in the same way to add digital sound effect support to the Roland driver if you have an MT-32 or want to mess around with the Munt emulator.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

The original versions do sound somewhat different from the GoG versions actually. And I've been wondering why, myself.

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

#4 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

So now you know

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#5 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

I HAVE noticed that, actually! Particularly Erana's Peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users