7 replies to this topic

#1 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

Even though my thief bought his magical rope and passed the acrobat test, when I reach near the end of the game after you get to climb up the palace and past the gate guards... he ends up at the area with Khaveen instead of the harem.

Am I missing something or wasn't the harem included in the remake?

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

It's included, but the game's a bit finicky on whether to send you to the harem or to the antechamber.

In order to get to the harem, you must match the following criteria:

- Have a magic rope
- Have the stealth skill
- Have 60 or more skill in throwing
- Have at least one more charge in your magic rope
- Have 4 or more projectiles to deal with the candle and Ad Avis. (projectiles include throwing daggers and rocks)

This was done in order to avoid dead end situations in the final confrontation. We didn't anticipate that a lot of thief players never seem to play through the game with more than a single dagger. (the projectile criterium, it seems, is the one that nabs most players)

The game is finishable from both routes though.

Side note: Thieves can get additional daggers during their first day in Raseir by fighting brigands in the desert near the city. They carry additional daggers as long as the player has less than 7 in his inventory. Brigands are hardly a challenge with a fully-trained saurus at your command.

Edited by Erpy, 08 July 2009 - 10:51 AM.

#3 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Erpy, I got it! biggrin.gif

It was the throwing skill, so I chose to wish for that when talking to the Djinni and it worked out great! thumbs.gif

I guess I should put that note in the new main site for people who may wonder about this thing like I did smile.gif

Wow great ending! thumbs.gif Especially the part with Khaveen coming after the Hero the last moment there! Caught me in suprise!! lol.gif

#4 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Wow, you played the thief route with a throwing skill less than 60? Seeing that the minimum for the skill on a newly created thief is 50 and you need more than 60 in order to throw daggers and rocks/dirt accurately, that genuinely comes as a surprise to me. Ah well...good to hear you got to proceed.

And yeah, thanks about the compliment. According to Lori Cole, Khaveen croaking is pretty much official QFG canon, so it always bugged me that the thief's route didn't even mention him, nor was he confronted in a way appropriate to the character class. While implementing the rope game (which I scripted) into the thief ritual chamber (which AGD2 scripted) I added the "rope race" as a little extra to increase the tension of the scene and showed it to AGD2. He liked it, so we kept it in and AGD2 even added a little sound easter egg at the end.

Edited by Erpy, 08 July 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#5 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Well basically I imported my thief from Qfg1 smile.gif

As far as the little tension part goes, seen Khaveen coming after my Hero while he was on the rope towards Ad Avis, really had me tapping the forward button FAST! lol.gif Good thing is I managed to get it right the first time! lol.gif lol.gif

#6 mira

mira

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

I really like that part.The scene is beautiful and the music is awesome.
There is currently some problem with the sound on my pc and it has no sound so I can't play this game again *sigh.

#7 Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

Erpy, I have to say the rope chase with Khaveen was a fantastic addition. The thief endgame scenario is the most fun of all four of the endings. In fact Erpy, I think your remake of the game is the best in the series. Thanks.

#8 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the compliment.