6 replies to this topic

#1 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

For some reason, QfG2 VGA isn't working for me now. frown.gif Or at least, it's not working in full-screen mode... when I run it, I can hear the opening music, but can't see anything. If I run it in a windowed mode, everything's fine, but really much too small to see anything.

This has never happened to me before... any ideas what I can do? I'm using a BenQ 19" LCD monitor, by the way, if that helps, and a Radeon 9550 video card - never had any problems with either of them.
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#2 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Rath Darkblade @ Nov 6 2008, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason, QfG2 VGA isn't working for me now. frown.gif Or at least, it's not working in full-screen mode... when I run it, I can hear the opening music, but can't see anything. If I run it in a windowed mode, everything's fine, but really much too small to see anything.

This has never happened to me before... any ideas what I can do? I'm using a BenQ 19" LCD monitor, by the way, if that helps, and a Radeon 9550 video card - never had any problems with either of them.

What's the error message you're getting? If it has to do with the screen resolution, trying going into the Settings menu from the launcher and on graphics display, you can specify at 2x or 3x nearest neighbor filter, which will let the game run in a higher resolution, in case it was having problems adjusting back and forth with your desktop resolution.

Personally, I've had some problems with my game ever since v1.1 came out; on the original, I was able to run in windowed mode with a decent sized screen, but now when I try to run in windowed mode with anything higher than the default resolution, it forces me into full-screen mode.
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

Well, the error message is a problem... it's not a QfG2-VGA error message, but a monitor error message - after which all I get is black (plus game music, of course). frown.gif

I'll try your solution and let you know how it goes. Thanks! :-)
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#4 RogueIce

RogueIce

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:12 AM

Mine does that with various older games. My monitor/settings/whatever apparently won't support the resolution, so I just get a black screen with "RESOLUTION NOT SUPPORTED" plastered on it. Thus forcing me to play in Windowed mode.

As to making it bigger, there is an AGS program setup thing you can use to make it run at 640x400. If you did the normal install thing should be in your AGD Interactive -> QFG2 VGA folder as Settings Menu. If that's too small for you still, I have no idea how else to help. Sorry.
My personal color scheme for our Hero in his first adventure (EGA and VGA versions)

#5 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

Hurray, it worked! smile.gif I used windowed mode, then changed it to make it double the size, and now everything's visible again. Huzzah! *smile* Thanks, Matthias and RogueIce. smile.gif
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

#6 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Rath Darkblade @ Nov 10 2008, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hurray, it worked! smile.gif I used windowed mode, then changed it to make it double the size, and now everything's visible again. Huzzah! *smile* Thanks, Matthias and RogueIce. smile.gif

Glad to be of service wink.gif

I figured out my screen resolution problems as well, and managed to get the game to run correctly in windowed mode. biggrin.gif I'm running on "3x nearest neighbor filter" with the 960x600 resolution checked, and it works in windowed mode. smile.gif
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#7 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hmmm... yes, I tried the 3x option, but it made the graphics far too large, so that I could see pixels on Shameen's face. wink.gif So I changed it back to 2x, and everything is good again. smile.gif
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image