• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Right! You can't complete the Hydra quest without her help; at least in the three catagories that I have played: Paladin, Warrior or Wizard smile.gif. I also let her win this Rite by giving her the Hydra Teeth. You see nobody but you win all the othe Rites. Then as Fighter or Wizard I marry her rotf.gif !!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#17 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

I let her help me beat the hydra, but I turn them teeth in myself :-D
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#18 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

You certainly have that option. But it's more gentlemanly and honourable to let her win at least one Rite, after all without her help you can't defeat the Hydra smile.gif! If you can then you should've turned down her offer of help thinkerg.gif !!

PEACE!!!

#19 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Grand Dad @ Mar 27 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You certainly have that option. But it's more gentlemanly and honourable to let her win at least one Rite, after all without her help you can't defeat the Hydra smile.gif! If you can then you should've turned down her offer of help thinkerg.gif !!

PEACE!!!

The guys and gals report that is possible defeat the hydra alone using patches for Windows XP: http://www.questform...n...83&hl=hydra .I Tried but without success.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#20 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

They say it is possible, although I've never tried, perhaps if you have both a Figter's and Mage's skills smile.gif? Best to let Elsa hepl you and then reward her smile.gif! And if you do and she acknowledges you help at Rite's ceremony much to the annoyance of Minos <hehehe> rotf.gif !!

PEACE!!!

#21 John

John

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Erpy @ Mar 28 2005, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe it's 8 skareen lengths south and 400 skareen lengts east. (which means to the left due to the perspective switch)

Wow thanks i also could never figure this out . Does anybody know if this will work in reverse by leaving Raseir 400 skareen lengths west (which means to the right due to the perspective switch) and then 8 skareens North that you can get back to Shapeir.

Also does either way work on the remake ?

John

#22 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

It should.

And yeah, it SHOULD work in the remake, though you'd have to be quick since the hero automatically returns to Raseir when day 27 ticks over to day 28. (in order to avoid the complications of missing days)

#23 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:15 AM

Go and do it, but as I said earlier I prefer a game to be played logically as intended smile.gif! Isn't this a "form" of cheating frown.gif?

PEACE!!!

#24 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

I wouldn't call it cheating, since there's no benefit. Trying to visit Raseir early just gets you turned away at the gates and trying to revisit Shapeir after day 16 prevents you from entering the city. (in the remake that is, the original supposedly immediately sends you on another caravan trick)

#25 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

Aha! In your remake I am way away from even thinking of going to Raseir rotf.gif !

PEACE!!!

#26 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

About the Hydra, I think it is possible to defeat it alone. I did it once (if I remember clearly) but you had to be a wizard to do it and you needed to be quick as heck to make it down from one of the heads in the fastest possible route to cast the fire dart spell to burn the neck stump (the center and left ones are easy, I think, it's the right one that's the problem).

However, the game is hardwired to have Elsa help you fight, so she appears anyways when you enter the cave to get the treasure that's there. Thus, making it certain that the only way to get a bow (magic or ordinary) in the game is either the hex editor or the savegame editor (which is decidedly easier and is not likely to mess up your game). Of course, one word of warning... the hero has no bow animation so he would stand like a statue as you fire away the arrows.

Man I wish QFG 5 sold enough to warrant the expansion pack.

Till next time say cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#27 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

I've beat the Hydra on my own using the flame dart spell. I've also given Elsa the teeth only to hex edit more into my inventory and win anyway. She'll still act as if you let her win.

Find QFG Import files here.

#28 Labrynian Rebel

Labrynian Rebel

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:26 AM

I just walked to Raseir last night, it was quite epic, and then when I finally got there (the stars had just come out) I rode my valiant steed into the city...

And what did I get? Two swords around my neck, a quick pun involving a small Arabic nation, and then I was turned away... frown.gif

At least Shapier is always one skareen away!

It will give you bragging rights, but I don't recommend it, unless you have a lot of free time...
The casting of darts is the Astrologer's version of the scientific method.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users