5 replies to this topic

#1 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

There's a new updated at the Kickstarter page from Corey: http://www.kickstart...edemption/posts

Among other things, he says:

There's a nice article by Tracey Lien about us on www.polygon.com: http://www.polygon.c...tures-with-hero.

We are doing very well, rapidly approaching 3,300 backers and $208,000 (52% of our goal) as I write this. If you're following the project on www.kicktraq.com and are worried about our growth rate, not to worry. Projects like ours always get a large part of their funding in the last few days. We expect that we'll reach our goal.

Of course, it would be very helpful to gain momentum sooner. If we can raise a larger amount, we'll be able to make the project better and add more content. We also have some exciting stretch goals planned, but I'm holding off on those until we get a little closer to our base goal. Make sure all of your adventure and RPG playing friends know about Hero-U and can decide if they want to back our game.

thumbs.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I donated 50 dollars. I wish I could give more.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#3 Fasckira

Fasckira

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

If there we just a few more actual in game screenshots I'd have more confidence, I only dropped $20 as a result. I'd have been inclined to tip a bit more but already been burned once on a kickstarter project. frown.gif

The concept sounds like fantastic fun for the game and I really want it to see the light of day but so far I've only seen one actual in-game screenshot. I reckon if they show a few more screenshots before the Kickstarter ends they'll get that sudden boost they need.

Fingers crossed!

#4 Bashar

Bashar

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

I agree with you, Fasckira. If I were looking at Hero-U objectively as someone who had no experience of the Coles or Quest for Glory then I'm 100% certain I wouldn't support it. Its rough-around-the-edges presentation projects a lot of risk and I think that kickstarter has a -lot- of burn left to give. But I'm not an objective observer. I know that the Coles have the capability to produce what they're saying, the experience to do it properly (this isn't their first start-up), and most importantly in my book, the moral integrity to treat our pledges as a sacred trust. When they take our money they're going to do everything in their power to ensure that we get our money's worth. I feel so fortunate to have had the chance to have played Quest for Glory when I was younger, supporting Hero-U feels to me like giving back to the people who helped improve that period of my life and offering the same opportunity to a new generation of gamers.

#5 Fasckira

Fasckira

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Bashar @ Nov 14 2012, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the experience to do it properly (this isn't their first start-up), and most importantly in my book, the moral integrity to treat our pledges as a sacred trust.

Their experience and the reviews I've read on their previous titles is what tipped me to donate in the end.

Also, just saw your video on the Kickstarter update - well done! A well thought out convincing analysis, should encourage a few more on the fence peeps to go for it. smile.gif

#6 Blake00

Blake00

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yeah I must admit the game doesn't really interest me much. I've read all the information, articles, seen all the art and most of it just hasn't really done it for me. frown.gif Plus I've been really broke this last month giving me an even bigger reason not to contribute, HOWEVER 2 days ago I threw in a nice $90 for 3 reasons:

1- My way of saying a big thankyou and showing loyalty to the Coles for the 5 QFG games that I’ve love so dearly since my childhood. To me the money is really a payment to the Coles, not really HeroU.

2- Things aren't looking great on the kickstarter and the Coles have hinted that if Hero U is successful then there's a good chance of more QFG games in the future. If it’s not then we can probably forget about any more QFG. So I consider the money a future investment for QFG!

3- Ya never know, maybe HeroU will be really good. It is being made by the Coles after all!

Hope they get there!!!!!

Edited by Blake00, 20 November 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods for Doom 2, & Civilization 2.
- Game Shrines for Heroes of Might and Magic Series, Quest for Glory Series, Elder Scrolls Series, & Babylon 5 Fan Games.
- Emulation.
- Lord Of The Rings, & Star Trek action pictures.