18 replies to this topic

#1 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

The Kickstarter Project of the Coles, will begin in October 19. The Kickstarter Project is for raising funds, to create their new game: Hero-U. Let us all fans, try to help the Coles, create us a new awesome game series by participating in their Kickstarter Project! The official Hero-U site is right here: http://www.hero-u.net.

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

What?!

First its Hero6, now HeroU comes along? Very interesting but will the kickstarter have anything to show? - like a demo?

I wonder but maybe the project should reuse elements of the Hero6 artwork just for petty small things - as a reminder of a hero that once was and a team that tried to make a game like it - or am I just being vain? bounce.gif

Delta.

#3 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hero 6 was a QFG fan game. Hero-U will be made by the original creators of the QFG series... smile.gif

#4 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

I got to admit. Having studied the website some more as it is, I feel I should get excited but I am really underwhelmed and slightly confused. I don't feel the website is clear in its message about why Hero-U will be good. Hopefully Kickstarter will change that or it will fail epically like many other kickstarter's

Kickstarter is a bubble waiting to burst.

Delta.

#5 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

You might wanna check the official Hero-U website then. smile.gif

#6 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Oct 4 2012, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I did. Still underwhelmed.

The point is that Hero6 started in the same way as just an idea that luckily became something....for a while. I'd be surprised if they can base a successful Kickstarter campaign on a pure idea and nothing else.

I am a cynic. bounce.gif

#7 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

All games begin as an idea. Quest for Glory was just an idea, which Sierra found weird and didn't expect it to go well in sales. Yet it became the greatest RPG series ever. It actually sold the most, too.

#8 Oblaque_Wopen

Oblaque_Wopen

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (deltamatrix @ Oct 4 2012, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Elsa Von Spielburg @ Oct 4 2012, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I did. Still underwhelmed.

The point is that Hero6 started in the same way as just an idea that luckily became something....for a while. I'd be surprised if they can base a successful Kickstarter campaign on a pure idea and nothing else.

I am a cynic. bounce.gif

If the new Leisure Suit Larry could make it through; http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisur...arry-come-again
then I HIGHLY doubt this new QFG game would fail. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Oblaque_Wopen, 04 October 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#9 deltamatrix

deltamatrix

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I haven't been clear. When I said just an idea, I meant literally an idea i.e: all words and no visual concept or working demo or prototype. The leisure suit larry kickstarter at least shows some sort of prototype to get us excited - just like Broken Sword - the Serpents Curse did so elegantly.

The Hero-U site only seems to be just literally an idea with not much to get a old fool like me excited for one of my most loved RPG's.

Still, maybe when the Kickstarter goes live, that'll change and I will get excited.

Wow! Kickstarter is taking over the world! Who'da thought crowd-funding would work so well new_Eyecrazy.gif

#10 Eandyil

Eandyil

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

They do have the advantage of a fairly solid fanbase. Most of us are working class by now too. I remember starting in on QFG1 as a kid... granted I'm thirty-ish now, but I was hardly the only one to do that. I imagine alot of us are excited by this kickstarter. Which reminds me, posting to facebook in just a wee bit.

#11 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (deltamatrix @ Oct 4 2012, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been clear. When I said just an idea, I meant literally an idea i.e: all words and no visual concept or working demo or prototype. The leisure suit larry kickstarter at least shows some sort of prototype to get us excited - just like Broken Sword - the Serpents Curse did so elegantly.

The Hero-U site only seems to be just literally an idea with not much to get a old fool like me excited for one of my most loved RPG's.

Still, maybe when the Kickstarter goes live, that'll change and I will get excited.

Wow! Kickstarter is taking over the world! Who'da thought crowd-funding would work so well new_Eyecrazy.gif

Well of course there's no visual, but again ALL games start that way.

But unlike Hero6, which was a fan game not being made by professionals, this game IS being made by professionals. Not just Lori and Corey Cole who made the entire QfG series, but also a number of other successful people in the gaming industry. This is not a fan game. This is a professional game being independently produced (which is why it needs the Kickstarter). And *because* they're professionals, the chances of this game not happening are way way way way way way way way way way way way less than a fan game.

Plus, they've been hyping it for a few months already to get their fan base excited which has worked pretty well.

#12 Labrynian Rebel

Labrynian Rebel

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Based on the title it's going to be a Wii U game jestera.gif
The casting of darts is the Astrologer's version of the scientific method.

#13 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

You tell em Cray! thumbs.gif

#14 Spikey

Spikey

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Based on the title it's going to be a Wii U game

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these things. I talked to Lori about the game for about 30 mins last night and almost made a 'Wii U' joke every minute. Still don't know how I restrained myself.
Sierra Music Central - your place to visit for Sierra soundtracks of yore. Still updated (every so often) after 10 years!
New QFG music coming in 2012/13.

My name is Spike and I am a Warrior.

Warrior Shield

#15 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

We are 4 days before the Kickstarter Project. http://www.hero-u.net