Arcc

AM I AN ADMIN YET

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:44 PM

Actually it was my Pentium II laptop. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (myself)
I forge my sword of victory from the silver linings of my failures.

I'm Arc Collins, and I'm a Paladin. I care because I comprehend.

#18 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 03:47 PM

Funny though, I've never had a problem like that...

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#19 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:51 AM

The trapped fox might be considered an Easter Egg... a bit like the lion with a thorn in its paw, from Greek legend. Well, sort-of...

The rhyme about Hut of Brown is taken straight out of Russian folk-tale, da? I seem to remember reading all those stories of Baba Yaga, who flew around on a spoon, and if I recall correctly, that was the translation of the rhyme for her hut...

#20 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 11:55 AM

I don't think the fox was an Easter Egg, he was a 'hint' giver, since he tells you about the Dryad when you free him, not to mention giving some advice.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#21 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:08 PM

Not a spoon Rena, a Cauldron smile.gif And the used the pestal (I think I got that right.. Might be a Morter...) to steer around.

Funnily enough, most of the stories, or at least - the most famous one - revolves around Baba Yaga and a Hedgehog... (NOT a blue one <grin>)

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#22 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:15 PM

<hits self lightly> I just completely mixed up the traditional Baba Yaga and MY evil Russian character, Baibichia Vyedmina!

Now SHE, Baibichia, is the one who flies around on a spoon. How on earth could I forget that????

More than two hundred versts north-northwest of outer Mosovoka, in the midst of marshy land (now frozen over with snow), which produced little in the way of crops during the warm months, was an area which was permanently dank and fog-strangled; this was a terrible swamp known as Bestol’ by all the city dwellers. The peasants and minor nobility who lived closer to it knew it by another name: Fen of the Witch.

Names do not spring out of nowhere—not as a general rule. And in this case, there were terrible legends about the fen to support such a name. Most puzzling was the way in which the surrounding marshes would be frozen during the long winters, but the Bestol’ would remain boggy and was always shrouded by fogs. The legends included such creatures as the tree-man, who strangled lonely travellers to death, and Baibichia Vyedmina, the frightful witch who dwelled in the heart of the fog-ridden marsh with her house made of dead men’s eyes, and her macabre spade with which she dug up the graves of murderers and sinners, and her wooden spoon with which she removed their eyes. By such creatures were the fairy tales of children made horrible, and yet strangely fascinating.

#23 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:41 PM

Awesome Al!

#24 Khaveen

Khaveen

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

There is 'a dinosaur going to his work' in the VGA version at the end of the road.
A rare one, though.
And, Almirena, 'Hut of Brown' is not a correct translation of the rhyme.
The real prophecy, um, rhyme, is:
'Hut, hut, turn your back to the forest and your face to me!'
And Baba Yaga wasn't that bad in the folk tales. She usually helped to the main characters of the stories.
Trust me, I'm Russian... wink.gif
Do not smuggle water. Wait... hell.... Guards, kill him!
...tsk, tsk. I told you: do NOT smuggle water.

#25 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 02:47 AM

<grins> "Trust me, I'm Russian"...

I'll have to use that...

#26 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 10:25 PM

There is 'a dinosaur going to his work' in the VGA version at the end of the road.
A rare one, though.
And, Almirena, 'Hut of Brown' is not a correct translation of the rhyme.
The real prophecy, um, rhyme, is:
'Hut, hut, turn your back to the forest and your face to me!'
And Baba Yaga wasn't that bad in the folk tales. She usually helped to the main characters of the stories.
Trust me, I'm Russian...  wink.gif

The Dinosaur is Earl Sinclar from the TV series 'Dinosaurs', it was really popular and I very often watched it, so I recognized him almost instantly when I first saw him. Also, if you see him during the day, you can come back at sunset and see him going back home!

Thanks for the infor on Baba Yaga, I never thought she might actually help people!

#27 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the infor on Baba Yaga, I never thought she might actually help people!

She DID help the Hero though... Albeit a bit reluctantly, but she helped him none-the-less...

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pngwow.pnggw.png

#28 Rognik

Rognik

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 12:38 AM

Let's see... What can I recall.

I do know that "Hut of Brown, Now Sit Down" is the most popular translation of Baba Yaga's rhyme. This isn't to say it's correct, but how English Writers make it to sound poetic.

'Swordfish' is the password from an old movie. Don't know which one, but I've heard this is an easter egg. Also in the VGA version, the only password used is a corruption of that phrase. thumbs.gif

Reading through your Easter Egg comments, "A Hero's Death" is the subtitle of Kaspar's book in the EGA version as well. You just have to 'ask about book'. On those same lines, I think that's the same with the 'Gone Fishing' signs. smile.gif

The password to get into the cave entrance is "Hiden Gosiek", or "Hide and Go Seek" as they observe in the VGA. You're telling Fred the Troll to go hide and you'll find him!

The meeps toss up a baby meep along with some apple cores while searching for the scroll after you ask for the hair. He's so cute as he's hopping towards the hole again! lol2.gif Hey, I can "eat meeps" here all I want and no server will stop me! smash.gif That's a nice touch, too. wink.gif

That's all I can think of off-hand. You've already

#29 Ignus_Draconus

Ignus_Draconus

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 11:51 PM

some of the dead golin lines were as follows:
"the only good goblin is a dead goblin"
"a good goblin"
"this poor slob was the big looser at last nights poker game, he didn't even have lunch money"

#30 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 04:27 AM

Go to the walkthrough which I wrote - it's in the main forum, under "Walkthroughs". This is the direct link - click here to take the magic portal straight to the relevant walkthrough.

It contains every single easter egg and joke and dialogue of the QfG1 VGA version, fighter version. Other walkthroughs are in the pipeline...