7 replies to this topic

#1 John

John

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:14 AM

Just wondering if anybody has played this game on Vista ? Just in case i get Vista someday.

John

Edited by John, 25 February 2007 - 06:17 AM.

#2 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:49 AM

Never got Vista yet (and probably not for a good long time), but hopefully the good folks over at DosBox produce a version of their program that could work on Vista. We can't let those classic games die by becoming unplayable!

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#3 Vegetable

Vegetable

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

Actually, Dosbox works great in Vista. But QfG1EGA doesn't.

Translation = Get dosbox

Srsly, nobody thought of QfG fans when making Vista crying2.gif

#4 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

I am sure QFG, and even any of the older video games were on the mind of Micro$oft when they were making Vista. Good thing we have DOSBox!! thumbs.gif

Also, good thing older computers can be purchased for such low prices these days. You can get decent 486's for $50 here. Only catch is you have to have the room for multiple computers.... but if you do, old games run great on old machines. smile.gif

#5 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Well I have Vista Ultimate running right now. Soon I'll be taking the plunge in trying to run my old Sierra games on my computer and my nephew's computer (also Vista Ultimate).

Find QFG Import files here.

#6 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:37 AM

The real test will be the Windows only games.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#7 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:55 AM

Srsly, nobody thought of QfG fans when making Vista

I don't think any of the programmers or excutives in the up and up were thinking of old games when they design and market their software. It's simply too much of a hassle. This is why it's up to independant programmers to make stuff like DosBox to be able to run the older stuff.

The real test will be the Windows only games.

That could be an issue in the near future, but mark my words, just as some people made DosBox to run old DOS games/software, someone in the future is going to make an emulator to run old Windows stuff. Not just Windows XP, but possibly going as far back as the 9x series.

It just isn't right to let old software and games die out or become lost. Long live emulation! biggrin.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#8 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Paladinlover @ Jul 24 2007, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mark my words, just as some people made DosBox to run old DOS games/software, someone in the future is going to make an emulator to run old Windows stuff. Not just Windows XP, but possibly going as far back as the 9x series.

It just isn't right to let old software and games die out or become lost. Long live emulation! biggrin.gif
Some have managed to install Win 95 in DOSBox. It is a bit unstable and is completely unsupported. For the near term there is no development for it by the DOSBox devs, but it shows where DOSBox can go. I would never expect it to go further than 9x, but that would be fine. VPC's sound is crap, especially compared to DOSBox's, so 9x support would make VPC useless for gaming.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com