Photo

10 Year Anniversary of Quest for More Glory coming up!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Well, this coming July, we are closing 10 years of Quest for More Glory site & community, but I’m already getting sentimental about it, so I thought I’d post something from now. wink.gif

Let’s see... I’ve been bugging myself about computer games and computer graphics, ever since I discovered computers. So a while after I begun using the internet, I found out that a good excuse to work with computer graphics and actually make good use of them, would be to make my own website. wink.gif

Once I made my decision, I started thinking about the subject. "Oh, I know! I’ll make a website about my favorite singer!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Oh... Wait... I’ve been listening to her songs from the age of 8, but I’m totally clueless about her... plus no background story, plus no pictures, no, no... well no wink.gif" (it’s pretty much the same thing now but I actually figured out a way around it and made my fan site anyway wink.gif )

"So what else am I interested in... oh... My favorite game series! I’ll make a website dedicated to Quest for Glory! biggrin.gif And since no matter how much I play, I always want more, and I very badly want a Quest for Glory 6, this will be my Quest for More Glory website!" *goes and buys the domain and web space*

It was right about then, that I begun learning about website creation and website graphics. It took me about a year or so, to actually build the original Quest for More Glory website. And remembering the 300+ files the site was made out of (yes, now it’s more wink2.gif, and the fact that I did everything alone (with the exception of the Map and Character descriptions that my dear old friend Almirena wrote and sent to me so I could add them to the site), and the fact that I was learning as I went through each part of the website, kinda explains it.

So, I finished the website and then, since I wanted to actually do something about continuing the Quest for Glory series, I decided to buy a perpetual license of Invision Board and created the QFMG forums, and the Online Petition for continuing the QFG series.

So basically, being the very ambitious person that I always have been, I uploaded the QFMG site and figured "3, 4, 5 people will come and see the mess I made, maybe they’ll join the forums and post a couple of bad comments and be on their way wink.gif" Well I’m happy to say I was wrong about that smile.gif As soon as the forums went live, the first members from the official Sierra/ Quest for Glory community joined. Among them, Almirena, my best friend Josh (Orion), Paladinlover, Arcc, Brassfire, Paladin Wizard and a few others who gave life to the forums (We are currently over 1.200 members, and have over 46.000 posts and approximately 5.158.658 views). Soon enough, there were people joining the forums and asking help and information about the games. Later on, I begun receiving emails too, especially about the dreaded error52 *watches Lori and Corey growling in the distance*. There were also many people who would need help with replacing their original, damaged discs of the Quest for Glory games (upon proof of ownership of course). Amongst those people who contacted me to ask for help with the games, was a perv (although I didn’t know it at the time wink2.gif, called Charles, who later became my fiance wink.gif

Later on, the thing that I never expected to happen... Lori Ann Cole joined the QFMG forums! Needless to say I was happier and prouder about my site more than ever, until then! biggrin.gif Later Corey Cole joined as well! biggrin.gif

But the fact remained that, although we got plenty of signatures for the Online Petition, nothing happened about continuing the Quest for Glory series. And just when I had about given up any hope, of anything happening, another surprise came in the form of an email. Not only did Lori contact me to give me the news about an upcoming game project she and her husband Corey were working on, but she assigned me with the task to let the word out through my QFMG site and community. At first it sounded exciting, but when I found out that the project would only become a reality and funded only if they reached the minimum goal of $400.000, my old very ambitious self came back to the surface again wink.gif It was around that time that I decided to create the Facebook group for QFMG. "Is it possible for my site and forums to generate so much attention?" I thought to myself and kept stressing about it all the way till the final moment the Kickstarter Project ended. When the Hero-U Kickstarter Project was successful, knowing that although there were other communities involved as well, QFMG site and community played a very large part of it, made me realize how important this place on the net came to be, and honestly I couldn’t be any prouder about my Quest for More Glory site and its’ accomplishments through these 10 years of existence. Now I’m waiting for Hero-U to be completed and my next wish is that there will hopefully be a day that I will post an announcement about Quest for Glory 6 being released by the Coles. smile.gif

I’m not sure if we will have any special events happen to celebrate the 10 year Anniversary of Quest for More Glory yet, but we will see how it goes. Plenty of time till July, after all wink.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 crayauchtin

crayauchtin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Anything sword and sorcery -- true story.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Oh my goodness.

Don't we all feel old now? tongue.gif

#3 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just joined you guys!

#4 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

We are not shutting down the site and forums sweety, it's our 10 year Anniversary smile.gif

#5 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

...Well, that was an embarrassing overreaction!

blush.gif Sorry Elsa!

#6 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

*licks*

#7 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Uhhh... what? Are you part cat or something?

#8 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Nah, you'll get used to it wink.gif It's how Elsa shows affection.

Either that, or it's her diabolical plan to get used to the taste of human flesh before she goes on a rampage of world domination... or something.

But yeah, probably the former >.>

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#9 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Orion @ Jan 21 2013, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either that, or it's her diabolical plan to get used to the taste of human flesh before she goes on a rampage of world domination... or something.

*zaps Orion and whispers* I thought I told you to keep it a SECRET! tongue.gif

wink.gif

#10 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

How come nobody is reading my QFG1 fanfic anymore? I can't get better if nobody says anything about it.

#11 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Sorry! I'll have to get on it - I've not read much of anything the past 3 months... I've tried cracking open a few books, only to get a few pages in and suddenly get disinterested... (And that includes a few of my favorite books... :/ )

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#12 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hmm... I wonder what could be wrong? Restlessness, perhaps?

#13 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Nah, just stress with work and all - can't really get into the whole "Let your mind go, and enjoy the fantasy" thing with reading.

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

#14 Druss

Druss

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:I like rice crackers. That's all you need to know.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (crayauchtin @ Jan 15 2013, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my goodness.

Don't we all feel old now? tongue.gif

Well, when you factor in that a lot of us came over from the even older Sierra/Vivendi boards... little bit, yeah.

#15 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

I was 19 when this forum opened up, now I'm 29! Man, for some reason, 2003 seems as far away as the 80s. tongue.gif I first joined the old sierra forums back in 2000, and I'm still trying to regular in some places, but I find myself caught up in a crap-load of other activities. I would wish for the old days, but I'm more interested in making something of myself in the present. I'm still looking for a better job, one hopefully in my field and not a minimum wage placeholder. frown.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users