6 replies to this topic

#1 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

The 'Huzzah' is because I just finished playing QfG2 as a fighter, for the first time in ages, and I managed to do something I've never done before - I beat all six of the desert monsters! *flexes muscles in a silly QfG way* wink.gif

The 'Darn it' is because my fighter also had thief skills and broke into several places. So he couldn't go on to become a paladin and win the big prize of Rakeesh's Soulforge sword. D'oh! *smacks forehead, a la Homer Simpson* wink.gif

The good thing, though, is that I have a game that I saved before my fighter broke into anywhere, so I can still go on to become someone's pal. Yay. *waves a little flag* wink.gif

Anyway, now I have a couple of questions about the transition from QfG2 to QfG3:

1) When I finish QfG2 and move on to QfG3, I notice that all that money I saved is gone! I'm left with just 200 dinars. What happened? frown.gif Is there any way to avoid this?

2) This is more of a QfG3 question than anything, but still... I'm playing QfG3 on Windows XP. My hero has just reached the Simbani village with Rakeesh and has seen the Laibon, and now it's time for him to have a bit of a yarn with Rakeesh and Uhura in her tent. However, when we go into Uhura's tent, the game suddenly says "Oops! You did something we didn't expect" and kicks me back to Windows. Is there something I can do?

Thanks! *smile*
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

Congratulations. smile.gif

Anyway, now I have a couple of questions about the transition from QfG2 to QfG3:

1) When I finish QfG2 and move on to QfG3, I notice that all that money I saved is gone! I'm left with just 200 dinars. What happened? Is there any way to avoid this?

I'm afraid not. When you get tossed in the Raseirian slammer, the guards take all your money. (they did this in the original too) You always start QFG3 with the same amount of cash.

2) This is more of a QfG3 question than anything, but still... I'm playing QfG3 on Windows XP. My hero has just reached the Simbani village with Rakeesh and has seen the Laibon, and now it's time for him to have a bit of a yarn with Rakeesh and Uhura in her tent. However, when we go into Uhura's tent, the game suddenly says "Oops! You did something we didn't expect" and kicks me back to Windows. Is there something I can do?

You could try messing with the speed/detail settings before the game takes over again. That's the only thing I can think of.

#3 tenata

tenata

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Rath Darkblade @ Nov 9 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) When I finish QfG2 and move on to QfG3, I notice that all that money I saved is gone! I'm left with just 200 dinars. What happened? frown.gif Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks! *smile*

Listen to Erpy's advise: http://www.questform...?showtopic=2587
(invest in healing and mana pills)

Edited by tenata, 09 November 2008 - 05:42 PM.

I Am Paladin and Wizard

#4 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

Hmmm... ok. Next time I'll stock up on healing/stamina/poison cure pills. *makes a note for next time* wink.gif

By the way, I noticed that a couple of merchants sell some extra things that they didn't sell in the original game (for example, I got a little souvenir from Ali Chica and a pair of boots from the leather merchant). Is there any point to these extra things - can I use them somewhere - or are they just to add some extra 'realism' to the game?

Thanks again. *smile*
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#5 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

Congrats, Rath! smile.gif

Investing in Healing and Mana pills is definitely a good idea, since the price for them ramps up in QG3 a lot (and you need your money for other things in the game, especially since making money isn't all that easy).

Regarding the extra items you can purchase, they were put in there merely as a way to burn off all the extra cash you make in the game and end up losing in Raseir; you can use them to decorate your room at the Inn. Most items have different variations and the criteria for getting each one varies per item. CyricZ details them all very well in his FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs....le/952659/53981

Regarding the boots, they actually serve a more useful function: you know how the Ghouls spit acid now, and they like to create that nasty pool of acid by your feet? The boots are a means of combating this; for a while they'll protect you from this attack, but they'll wear out eventually. Fortunately, you can get them repaired again at the leather merchant for a minuscule cost (I think it was 10 centimes).
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#6 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

It's 1 dinar, but he only takes like 2 hours to fix them and you can't fight ghouls during the day anyhow. The boots pop up in Mirak's shopping GUI after meeting your first ghoul.

And yeah, the souvenirs and artistic decorations were simply done to let you spend money you'd lose later in the game anyway, as well as to outline the fact the Katta were quite the artistic race.

#7 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

• Members
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hmm... well, I only fought one ghoul, and I stayed well out of range while the acid was doing its work, so I was never aware that it could corrode my boots. (I didn't know it was acid either - if I did, I wouldn't go near the ghoul!) wink.gif

Incidentally, I found that the best way to beat ghouls was to use the combos that Rakeesh teaches you; for instance, slash + stab + slash or 7+9+7, which would knock your opponent back, are quite good at keeping the monsters back. I'd usually keep a step away from the monsters, and if they take a step forward, I'd use that combo to keep them back, where they can't do me any harm (particularly those ghouls and terrorsaurii!) wink.gif

Thanks for the help. Hope this little strategy works for you too! *smile*
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image