82 replies to this topic

#76 Star Maiden

Star Maiden

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:45 AM

Great News!! I uninstalled DOSbox as you suggested and clicked on the link you left on your post. It appears my little Pentium II could not handle the 0.63 version of DOSbox. I downloaded 0.60 version and made some configurations. I am up and running with music, graphics, sound effects and all.

THANKS Elsa!

Star Maiden merlin.gif

#77 Ezznut

Ezznut

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:25 AM

I'm running Windows XP and I'm trying to install all of the games on the anthology. When I first tried to install them I could install QFG4, but now all of the other ones won't work. The install opens, it appears to install but it does it virtually instantaneously and when I check, it didn't actually install at all. I also tried installing them using DOSBox but it does the same thing. I downloaded and installed LSL7 Setup and now its coming up with the error Cannot Find GDI.DLL when I try to run setup.EXE Before it was just coming up on the bottom start bar, but you couldn't do anything with it.

Any Suggestions?

#78 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

You could just try copying the files from the cd onto your hard-drive. I'm not much of an expert on the technical stuff, but that could work.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#79 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:36 AM

If you're trying to play them in XP, it's a good idea, apparently, just to copy the games over to your hard disk drive rather than doing the install.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#80 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

Major bumpige

Anyway I want to install the QFG games on my Sister's computer for my nephew; it's running Vista Ultimate. The Dosbox instructions for XP work the same in Vista correct?

Find QFG Import files here.

#81 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:30 AM

See my thread about my new installer in the QfG4 forum. I may do some for the other games.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#82 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Almirena @ Sep 23 2006, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're trying to play them in XP, it's a good idea, apparently, just to copy the games over to your hard disk drive rather than doing the install.

All right Swordy Lady & Countess won't this method succeed for Dragon Fire and other older Windows Games? And, and and I am still not receiving emails of replies to my posts!!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#83 PsychoGoatee

PsychoGoatee

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi, I'm having trouble with sound in Quest for Glory 4. I've got the music, and the voice-overs and narration, but no sound effects. Well, in the menu when creating a character, I can hear the warrior grunt, and in the game I hear the Wizard's spells.

But I can't hear the howling wolves in the main menu, and I don't hear anything but music during fights.

I did everything described here, but I'm still having this problem.

I'm playing it with DosBox 0.72 by the way, with the D-Fend Reloaded 0.4.1 front end. All the settings are standard.

Any advice?