• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eric_Meisterson

Eric_Meisterson

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:I am not currently interested in my interests. If my interests happen to change, you may find it interessting to learn that I will still not be interested in them. Interestingly enough, though intersting, my interests are - in fact- not all that interesting to begin with. I do, however, find it interesting that you are interested enough in my interests to ask. And for that...<br />... I will kindly impolite emission of wind in your general direction.

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:25 AM

Since it's been about a year, I decided to make a new thread about this topic. I spent a few hours mucking around with the gaem, and I have come to a few conclusions:

1) It is not possible to complete the game with a negative score. Even with cheating, you simply get too many points just for helping Elsa (which you HAVE to do to finish the game). Even if you kill her brother, the spore spitting sporea plants and the fox, you still end up with a score of 28.

2) I played the game, without cheating, and the lowest possible score was 127 (doing all naughty things and visiting nowhere that was not absolutely neccessary).

3) The lowest possible score you can have in the game, without completing it, is -44 (-43 without cheating).

I have screenshots, but I can not figure out how to put them in the forum. If anyone can let me know how, I will post them here.
"Light does not require darkness to exist, rather, darkness can not exist where the light doth reign."
- The Undanted Zephyr (a.k.a. Eric Meisterson)

"Buttkicking for goodness!"
- Minsc

#2 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average guy. I love sports, hanging out with my friends and video games. I guess if you want to know, just ask.

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Eric_Meisterson @ Nov 17 2007, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since it's been about a year, I decided to make a new thread about this topic. I spent a few hours mucking around with the gaem, and I have come to a few conclusions:

1) It is not possible to complete the game with a negative score. Even with cheating, you simply get too many points just for helping Elsa (which you HAVE to do to finish the game). Even if you kill her brother, the spore spitting sporea plants and the fox, you still end up with a score of 28.

2) I played the game, without cheating, and the lowest possible score was 127 (doing all naughty things and visiting nowhere that was not absolutely neccessary).

3) The lowest possible score you can have in the game, without completing it, is -44 (-43 without cheating).

I have screenshots, but I can not figure out how to put them in the forum. If anyone can let me know how, I will post them here.

Why do you have to cheat for that extra -1 point?

As far as posting screenshots goes, you can put them up on a webhosting site (like photobucket or imageshack) and link the pic in the thread.
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

In order to post an image, you need to have your image hosted somewhere as Matthias has mentioned. Once you have your image hosted somewhere, you can use the icon and type in the location of your image, or just type this:

Start with [ img ] and then type the website address or URL of your page with the actual file name of your screenshot at the end, and finish with [ /img ]

There should be no spaces so that everything squished together.

Edited by Ghost_Rider, 06 July 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#4 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Yo, Ghost_Rider, did you use the cheat options to teleport to certain rooms and used it to get to the ending screen? biggrin.gif Pretty much the only way you can do it to get a flat zero. There actually is a way to get the lowest grade possible, and I think someone made a video about that on youtube, though I forgot the exact score he got.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#5 Nanuaraq

Nanuaraq

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Questing

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Eric_Meisterson @ Nov 17 2007, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reading this, I just had to try to kill the plant. I never even thought of that. This game continues to amaze me. And when looking at them after cutting one up, the message you get is "At least, they're pretty when they're not dead." That's hilarious.

#6 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Paladinlover @ Apr 4 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo, Ghost_Rider, did you use the cheat options to teleport to certain rooms and used it to get to the ending screen? biggrin.gif Pretty much the only way you can do it to get a flat zero. There actually is a way to get the lowest grade possible, and I think someone made a video about that on youtube, though I forgot the exact score he got.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

I can't believe I never replied to this. I probably would never have seen it if Nanuaraq hadn't posted a comment recently.

That was actually a screenshot of the end of the game, I got there naturally. However, I edited the screenshot, removing my actual score, replacing it with a zero. wink.gif

Maybe I never replied because I just wanted to keep people guessing. Now I've given away the secret.

#7 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

tongue.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users