• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Okay, I started QFG4 last night, and I already like it so far! I was wondering when the best time for grinding would be? Because in QFG1, you could do this anyttime (Me, I personally did before taking on the Kobold and Brigand Fortress), in QFG2 I hardly did it at all (due to the time limit, all I did was make sure that all my Magic was at least at 100), and in QFG3 I started when Johari was first captured, grinding all my Magic until it was maxed out (which took 50 in-game days), then having one more grinding session for Lightning Ball (which took an extra 25 days since it grinded REALLY slowly!) before heading off for the Lost City.

So, are there any events during QFG4 which I absolutely HAVE to do on a certain day?

Is there any point in the game where, until you personally trigger it by your actions (like the Johari sequence), the plot doesn't continue?

#2 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well, the most important part that you absolutely HAVE to do, is on Day 5, you have to go and save Igor at the Cemetery.

Oh, and also around Day 3, or 4 (night time), the Jester arrives at the inn. Not sure, but if you dont' see him arriving THAT day, maybe you will see him another day, or be able to find him in his room upstairs anyway.

The rest, as far as I remember, you trigger by your actions.

And oh yes, as a Wizard, you HAVE to see certain things in the forest during certain nights but I dont' remember now, there are guides (hint system guides) in our Downloads section that you can use if you want wink.gif

Hehe, it will be really interesting playing QFG 4 as a Wizard for me, considering it's been so long, I forgot some things hehe angel.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Thanks! Also, two things.

1. I realize that I suck at the combat in this game, judging from the Badder Battle.

2. I hate this Antwerp Maze puzzle I'm trying to do!

#4 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

1. Use Strategy combat mode like I did so far tongue.gif

2. Slide the speed all the way down, and the antwerp will move very slow and you can catch up biggrin.gif

#5 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Oh, I almost forgot to ask! When does the Domovoi show up? I think I heard something about him making the game unwinnable if you aren't careful?

#6 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

You can see the Domovoi at any night, by staying up till midnight at the inn. And yeah, it's true that you can't finish the game without his help because, he is the one who will help you free Tanya and take her back to her parents, at the inn. So basically, the easiest thing would be, to keep resting at the inn, in your room, until you see the dialogue that says "You re getting tired.", then go downstairs, and you will see the Domovoi. Talk to him, help him by freeing the other Domovoi at the Monastery (So that means, DON'T BURN THE MONASTERY BEFORE FREING THE DOMOVOI IN IT!! tongue.gif You will need a rehydration solution for that, and you can get it by going to Dr. Cranium and talk to him about it, at the right time). Then you get to talk to the Domovoi at the inn, and as a thank you, he will entrust something to you, that will let you go and free Tanya. smile.gif

I said enough as it is wink.gif

#7 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Okay, this probably a glitch. I'm training my Magic Spels as per usual, right? But whenever I attempt to train Open, Ilook at it and it's power says "29005" instead of "300+"!

At first I thought, "Wow, cool! Finn truly IS the Master of Unlocking! smile.gif " but then I realised that no matter how many times I attempted to Cast it, it's power never rose nor fell. What's going on?! No other Spell does this!

#8 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

No idea, sweety smile.gif

#9 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

*shrugs in confusion* Huh. Weird! Hopefully this doesn't carry over to 5.

#10 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

I don't think it will. QFG 5 works differently as far as I can tell.

#11 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

Phew! Finally got all my spells trained to max! It took me 109 days to do this apparently!

However, I have one small question: I've just gotten Resistance from the Staff. Yay! But, it seems that no matter how many times I click on it, it never goes past 100. What I hear is that Resistance CAN be cast in Silmaria without a Staff. So, should I wait until then to train it?

#12 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

As far as I can remember. Spells cast while using the staff, have different amount of power (than when cast without the staff). But I aint too sure, to be honest.

#13 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Well, Resistance ONLY shows up when I have my Staff in my hands. At least in this game anyway, and I think I do remember that in 3, when ever you casted spells using the Staff that they didn't raise in power either. Nor cost any Mana either IIRC.

Wait until Silmaria?

#14 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yuss.

#15 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Soulforge89 @ Jun 23 2013, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, this probably a glitch. I'm training my Magic Spels as per usual, right? But whenever I attempt to train Open, Ilook at it and it's power says "29005" instead of "300+"!

At first I thought, "Wow, cool! Finn truly IS the Master of Unlocking! smile.gif " but then I realised that no matter how many times I attempted to Cast it, it's power never rose nor fell. What's going on?! No other Spell does this!

Yep, that happens to me too sometimes. I'm not sure what causes that to happen in QFG4, but it doesn't seem to affect anything else. It seems to be more of a cosmetic bug thankfully. The Open spell skill level corrects itself when you import to QFG5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users