Photo

About Team Need for Better Speed community and these forums.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Some of you may wonder what these new Team NFBS forums are for. Well the answer is right here :)

Many years ago, back in 1999 when I was 18 years old and first started using the internet, I begun playing my first online game, a racing game of the Need for Speed series (from Electronic Arts, now known as EA Games), called High Stakes. I used the username Mrs McLaren for it, (which I also registered in our forums here, so expect to see me use it) and went online to have fun and compete with other players. While playing High Stakes online, I met many interesting people, and I was introduced to my first online community, called Need for Better Speed. There and in the game, I made my first online friends, and actually met 2 more women who were racing online with me - and we were the 3 legendary racer ladies of the Need for Better Speed community as well as the High Stakes: Helen, Coaster and Mrs McLaren. (Y) Why legendary? Because we gave the men a real competition and a hard time! That's why! :D And believe it or not, the fastest and best female racer among us, as well as one of the greatest racers overally, was the at the time 58 year old, Helen (she's been part of the community here for years now by the way, just lurking around), who also happens to be my best friend by the way :)

The founder of the Need for Better Speed community, was my dear friend Acadian. Like I said, I made many friends there. Some of them are: Helen, Coaster, Daddio, Acadian, Anarcadian, Blaktop, Blackdog, Lowrider, Wrayth, Isys (miss you Ken) or AKA Styx, Squid, Aries, Ice Dragon, Bonfire,  ShrtCut, Dava, MadSwede, Mickyfen, Mrs Ice (Ice Dragon's wife), Arn, Fishy (my Sharky :D), Razor, Roadhog (Hoggy!), Slug, Spinout (Spinny!), Sphere, SpeedGlider, TwoFast, Wangus, Z Thang,EAO Impreza and others that I cannot remember right now (apologies).

As time passed, we created clans/teams that our community members became part of and raced together and had contensts etc... The most well known teams are Clan Wolfpack (which I was a member of as Mrs McLaren and LadyWolf), EAO (EA Outlaws), and Team NFBS, which took its' name from our legendary community.

I reached to be a Moderator of the forum board, and our community was so great, that EA itself (Electronic Arts), who created/owned the Need for Speed game series, used us for feedback and support, and they even sent our Admins and Moderators (that includes me of course as well), free NFS games and t-shirts and accessories! (Y)

Later on, we started playing Michellin Rally Masters as well (from Code Masters), and the 3 ladies aced that as well! And the men of course :lol:

Several years later, the community moved to the Team NFBS website and years later - well these days, they are preparing to close down the site and forums, due to lack of interest and financial reasons. Due to the history and the fact that I have lots of friends that I don't want to lose contact with, and a great sentimental value for me, I decided to try and move the community here to our forum board, and have Team NFBS, join the QFMG community/family.

Which is why, I created these new forums and invited my friends from the Team NFBS community, to come and register here :)

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#2 NFBS-AUSPaul

NFBS-AUSPaul

Team NFBS Admin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Nice post Mrs Mac. That just about sums it up.

Thank you for making a forum here so our members can keep in touch and maybe make new friends also.

#3 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Awwww! That's so sweet!

#4 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Is there a chance you guys can add this to the closing down announcement for people to know? :)

#5 Construed

Construed

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm insane.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

Awesome, Is the game free? My wife loves racing games and has been looking for a good online game for quite awhile.

My name is Construed and I am a Warrior.

#6 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

No, Need for Speed High Stakes is not free, and it's currently out of market I guess. :)

#7 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Automotive Repair, Robotics

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

That's cool  :)  I've never played any NFS online before.  I do have a NFS game I still play once in a while, which is NFS5 (Porsche Unleashed).  I like the evolution aspect of the game where you can play through all the different eras, and see how the technology has evolved.

I saw this section of the forums and was wondering what this was about.  Now I know.  :)

#8 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Team NFBS community members, have developed a program called IP Lounge. It allows players to meet online and race together. Current supports NFS High Stakes and NFS Porsche Unleashed :)

#9 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

Welcome to our Weekly Joke posting Queen, DrG! :D (Y)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users