54 replies to this topic

#46 Jonesy T. Hero

Jonesy T. Hero

Bob gave me my hat back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

yea, that used to happen to me quite a bit... the only really bad part about it is that there is no way to concede from the game, so you have to restart it.
Gaily bedight, a gallant knight in sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long, singing a song, in search of El Dorado.
But he grew old, this knight so bold, and o'er his heart a shadow,
Fell as he found no spot of ground that looked like El Dorado.
And as his strength failed him at length, he met a pilgrim shadow.
'Shadow,' said he,' Where can it be, this land of El Dorado?'
'Over the mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow.
Ride, boldly ride,' the shade replied,' if you seek for El Dorado.'

#47 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

Well thanks but no thanks since that's exactly what I was thinking of doing...but I'll go right back to the Healer and buy a couple of Mana Potions more, I have 3 but seem to be expending them to soon!!! roflmao.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#48 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:24 PM

I usually tackled the maze after I got my spells and mana points as up as they go. That way you don't actually need potions.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#49 DeadPoolX

DeadPoolX

Wabbit season or duck season?

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Wasting a nosy person's time by getting them to read the "Your Interests" section in its entirety before they fully realize they could've been doing something constructive with their time.

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:11 PM

That's the trick: Build up your stats. That's what I always did. Took a long time, but it was worth it in the long run. wink.gif

By then, once my mana and spells were built up, I didn't need the potions (or as much) and the maze was usually a fairly easy exercise for me.

#50 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

Yep, and the Fetch spell is especially important to have built up. If you only have it at 10 or 15 skill level, then it is harder to drag and drop the ladders and bridges. Your spell skill dictates the amount of time you have to move the items around - so the higher the better. If you are at 10 you may have the bridge half way across the screen, and then your time runs out, and it goes back to where it was before. Then you have to try moving it again and burning off more mana points.

#51 Vegetable

Vegetable

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Grand Dad @ Dec 31 2005, 07:30 AM)
Cheating, cheating...don't you guys get tired of it? mad.gif Where's the fun and sense of achievement? Razzle dazzle...my left foot smash.gif

I hate cheating but im not the type that "trains all out". Sad for me, though.

#52 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

In my case it's not a matter of having fewer stats...I am ahead (lower down) than Erasmus...he's way on the top of the map. Well neither of us are making any progress...Is it a bug? confused.gif
Tell you if I can make it! wink.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#53 Free Knight

Free Knight

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Kung Fu (no seriously, I know Kung Fu). Archaeology (I'm an Archaeologist after all), Reading, Muay Thai, Guitar and blacksmithing.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:31 AM

Refering to the goblin discussion from earlier,

I bet the reason goblins attack 1 on 1 is that they're so inept that they'd probably hit each other more than the Hero. I mean come on, if twenty of them can't take one entry level hero, I'm pretty sure a cardboard bear holding a shark could do more damage.

I wish the QFG series had a bit more minigames, maybe it's my squaresoft side talking, but they could have done way more with mage's maze, or put in later games and updated it. Other mini's would be fun too, there's usually only one or two short minis per QFG.

But QFG is still the best computer game series ever (well that and fallout)
The Free Knight, Adamus Maximus; Paladin, Blacksmith, Archaeologist. Beware my flaming trowel of excavation.

#54 Vegetable

Vegetable

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

YEAH!! QFG! QFG!

But youre right, seriously. More mini-games! Awari aint that fun, nor mages maze...

#55 DeadPoolX

DeadPoolX

Wabbit season or duck season?

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Wasting a nosy person's time by getting them to read the "Your Interests" section in its entirety before they fully realize they could've been doing something constructive with their time.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Free Knight @ Apr 17 2006, 08:48 PM)
But QFG is still the best computer game series ever (well that and fallout)

While QFG is very good, I think Fallout beats QFG hands-down. There's just so much more to do, say, explore, experiment with, etc., in Fallout 1 and 2. They're just bigger games and (in my opinion) better designed.

That doesn't mean the QFG games are bad. Far from it. But the focus with the QFG series is primarily one of adventure + RPG, whereas Fallout is pure RPG. So you have to take them for what they are. Different games, no matter how closely related, and each do their jobs nicely. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users