#1 Annika

Annika

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:28 PM

Dears,

I'm just starting up with QFG2 and I seem to have problems importing my hero from QFG1 to QFG2. frown.gif

When I finished the QFG1 I saved the game and I think (judging on the last changed timing on Windows Explorer) the file was called GLORYSG.001
Now I'm trying to import this file, but it was refused. Is it a proper hero file? I also searched for *.sav file, but can't find any in my SIERRA directory. Did I do something wrong when saving? Any ideas?

Ta,
Annika

#2 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 05:13 PM

Once you finish the game - it will ask you to save your character.

As a default destination the games will use a:\

You need to change that to drive C:\ or whatever your local hard drive is so it will save the saved character at your root folder biggrin.gif

And if the saved character file is created succefully then you will find a: Glory1.sav or Glory2.sav or Glory3.sav or Shadows.sav on your root folder smile.gif

Take the file from there and copy it in a folder in which you will remember it's located there smile.gif Then when you import your saved character in the next Qfg game (except Qfg5 cause it has a folder in which the saved character has to be placed in order to read it) point the game to that folder and select the specific file to import smile.gif

The GLORYSG.001 file you mentioned is a saved game not a character.

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Annika

Annika

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 04:38 PM

Thanks Elsa,

I turned out that I had not saved my game correctly. Thanks for your help.

Ta, beerchug.gif
Annika

#4 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

thumbs.gif

#5 Spectral Dragon of '88

Spectral Dragon of '88

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music, MUSIC! Army Reservist in the band. French Horn, Tuba, Trumpet, Baritone, Euphonium, Trombone, brass.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:58 AM

THANK YOU JESUS! (no offense to any jesus fanatics who don't understand how incredibly relieved i am that she said something about this) bounce.gif (this is me jumping for joy). I had this same problem, now i can fix it! bawling.gif i'm so happy!

#6 Spectral Dragon of '88

Spectral Dragon of '88

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music, MUSIC! Army Reservist in the band. French Horn, Tuba, Trumpet, Baritone, Euphonium, Trombone, brass.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:37 AM

I also discovered that you have to be patient and allow the game to actually finish. beerchug.gif

#7 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

Yes that was evil of them making us watch all the credits with no way to skip.

Find QFG Import files here.

#8 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking & Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG & especially Strategy)

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

Yes waiting for the option to save appear was the most difficult part! The game really ends only when Yorick come somersaulting into the hall smile.gif. It was only on my third try that I was able to save; I used to quit *hehehe* rotf.gif
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#9 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Okay, can someone help me?! I followed Elsa's advice, and copied the file and made a new folder in "C:/". However, each time I load up TBF, I search the imports and don't see my C:/Finn.sav file at all! Is it because it's not opening with the right program?! Because I checked my files, and it said in the Properties that it's opening with "tsl" (which is a COMPLETELY different game in a completely different folder!)

So, I don't want it to do that, so I change it to something else. DOSBox.74 (in general) doesn't work, nor does INSTALL from Quest for Glory 1 EGA, nor does Launch Quest for Glory 1 EGA. SO WHAT DO I DO?!

#10 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Because of how DOSBox's file system management is set up, the C: for any game is the actual location where the game is installed. The GoG install follows this too. (Unless you're mounting the drive yourself by booting up DOSBox and doing it the old-school way)

So, if you're like me, you've got it at C:\Sierra\Quest for Glory\Quest for Glory 2\.

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#11 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff- Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and such), Pixar and Disney movies (and Dreamworks too!), books like Warriors and The Mysterious Benedict Society, Avatar: The Last Airbender, slowly becoming a Muppets fan, and alo starting to get into Sierra games (mostly King's Quest and Quest For Glory with a dash of Space Quest as well)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Okay, I'm so not Sierra computer savvy! So, I have no idea what I'm doing! Give me step by step instructions on what to do! I know that my file is in the Quest for Glory Pack in the GOG folder. It's labelled "FINN" in Windows Explorer and is a .SAV file (actually I've got two of them, one labelled "FINN" the other labelled "FINN1", well I'll get rid of one of those later). I bought the Pack at GOG, and according to the Properties the location is "C:\GOG Games\Quest for Glory Pack\Quest for Glory 1 EGA"

Okay, my problem comes when the file does not show up in the Import Hero directory. Also, I don't know what program to associate the file with in the Open With section of the Properties, which might have something to do with it not showing up. Right now, it Opens With "SCIV", which does nothing but give me an error message when I click on it.

And yes, I've attempted Change Directory in TBF, but when I put in the location, it not only doesn't fit but it also says it's "not a valid directory".

I'm just... angryfire.gif *fires Flame Darts in rage* I'm SO FRUSTRATED I WANT TO CRY!!!

...Oh. I just had to put my .sav file into the QFG2 section. Well, there I go again with overreacting! Sigh... I feel dumb now.

Edited by Soulforge89, 31 May 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#12 Collector

Collector

Hero of Two Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Just use the new installer and drop the saved character in the installed QfG2 folder. It will find it.

Just remember, anything running in DOSBox has nothing to do with Windows and can't see outside of the mounted folder.

Edited by Collector, 31 May 2013 - 08:56 PM.

My name is Collector and I am a Paladin.

Paladin Shield

#13 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

I haven't tested the GoG versions yet. But when I do, I'llbe able to help hehe smile.gif

Sorry for the slow reply wink.gif

#14 Soulforge89

Soulforge89

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well, I figured it out anyway.

#15 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

*lick*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users