• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Music- The Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Five Iron Frenzy, indie rock, etc....<br>Books - Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, fantasy, sci-fi, classics, EVERYTHING.<br>Movies - Magnolia, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Truman Show, Spiderman, Memento, Tim Burton films, EVERYTHING.<br>Games - Quest for Glory, King's Quest, Grim Fandango, Halflife, Jak and Daxter, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda.<br><br>(Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things.)

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:57 AM

I have QfG2 on my laptop, and it doesn't have a numpad...is there any way to reset the keys I use for the combat system?

-hoopyfroodcat bounce.gif
"Look, I'm up to here with cool, okay? I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

"Men must endure / Their going hence, even as their coming hither; / Ripeness is all." - Shakespeare, King Lear, (V.ii.9-11)

Visit The Quest for Glory Project - a fanfiction community
Real Heroes read HERO magazine!

#2 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Music: Almost anything under the sun, bar rap, hip hop, country and most pop. Includes (but not limited to) Five Iron Frenzy, Green Day, Lit, Disturbed, System of a Down, Haste the Day, Suburban Legends, Pink Floyd and more.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Video games: RPGs! Adventure games! And RTS games! These are the ones I play most often, but you will find FPS, Platformers, and Turn Based Strategy also. Age of Empires, Septerra Core, .hack, Starcraft, Arcanum, Quest for Glory (duh!), Half-Life (at least, I used ta) and Kohan are a few examples.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Books: Mostly Fantasy and Sci/Fi. Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Terry Pratchett, Robert Jordan, and Douglas Adams are some of my favorite.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Things to do: Noodle around with a pair of drumsticks and an empty surface. Programming. Read, play games, listen to music. Wander around town acting like a total goof. Not much else. :-)

Posted 15 November 2003 - 04:24 PM

You can use the arrow keys for thrust ( up ), dodge left and right ( left and right ) and to step back ( down ). That's what I know off the top of my head. I don't know if you can reset them to something else. I'll check back with you on that.
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#3 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Music- The Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Five Iron Frenzy, indie rock, etc....<br>Books - Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, fantasy, sci-fi, classics, EVERYTHING.<br>Movies - Magnolia, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Truman Show, Spiderman, Memento, Tim Burton films, EVERYTHING.<br>Games - Quest for Glory, King's Quest, Grim Fandango, Halflife, Jak and Daxter, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda.<br><br>(Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things.)

Posted 15 November 2003 - 07:29 PM

Thanks, Spearflight! smile.gif

"Look, I'm up to here with cool, okay? I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

"Men must endure / Their going hence, even as their coming hither; / Ripeness is all." - Shakespeare, King Lear, (V.ii.9-11)

#4 Azrael

Azrael

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:59 AM

home - high swing
up - quick stab
pg up - low swing
left - high parry
numpad 5 - mid parry
right - low parry
end - dodge left
down - dodge back
pg dn - dodge right

no, you can't reset them.

#5 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:32 AM

Yeah...unfortunately, I don't have that set of keys either...at least, not in a setup that makes it convenient for use in combat. Thanks anyway, though...

#6 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:31 PM

You could go out and spend $10-$20 and get a numpad to port into your laptop... I'd go crazy without one - which is why I plan on getting a numpad when I get a laptop smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#7 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:42 PM

Ugh. Money. I'm a college student, Orion. gmorning.gif

wink.gif

Perhaps I will, though. Either that, or practice my creative nonviolent conflict solutions. smile.gif

#8 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 18 November 2003 - 05:25 PM

Heh... Your fault for going to college <grin> I'm a day younger than you, and I've got 2 jobs and don't have any money - so I'm probably even WORSE off than you biggrin.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#9 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:24 PM

Well, I have zero jobs, no car, college tuition, rent and a huge loan taken out... rolleyes.gif

Ha! I win! My life sucks more than yours! wink.gif

#10 Spearflight

Spearflight

Hero of Three Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:Music: Almost anything under the sun, bar rap, hip hop, country and most pop. Includes (but not limited to) Five Iron Frenzy, Green Day, Lit, Disturbed, System of a Down, Haste the Day, Suburban Legends, Pink Floyd and more.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Video games: RPGs! Adventure games! And RTS games! These are the ones I play most often, but you will find FPS, Platformers, and Turn Based Strategy also. Age of Empires, Septerra Core, .hack, Starcraft, Arcanum, Quest for Glory (duh!), Half-Life (at least, I used ta) and Kohan are a few examples.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Books: Mostly Fantasy and Sci/Fi. Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind, Terry Pratchett, Robert Jordan, and Douglas Adams are some of my favorite.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Things to do: Noodle around with a pair of drumsticks and an empty surface. Programming. Read, play games, listen to music. Wander around town acting like a total goof. Not much else. :-)

Posted 20 November 2003 - 04:44 AM

I'd say my life sucks more than both of yours put together seeing as I've never stayed in one place for more than a few years. Less than ideal conditions to grow up in, having a changing environment, lemme tell ya. wink.gif
New email address: At gmail I am known as samurai.eskimo

------------------------------------

My Inner Hero - Paladin

Sorry, no description or picture since my HtbH account still thinks I'm a wizard, but I'm actually in the paladin wing of the forums. Oh well, that's life. :)

#11 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 05:06 AM

Nope, sorry...I had that problem too. tongue.gif

P.S: There once was a comic that said, "I hate it when people ditch out of being empathetic by claiming their problems are somehow more prevalent than yours."

It continued by having two characters say:

"My job sucks." "Mine's worse."
"My car broke down." "I don't even HAVE a car!"
"I wish I were dead." "I AM dead!"

wink.gif

#12 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:48 AM

The Monty Python Yorkshire sketch/skit is the most superb example of that which I've ever encountered.

I'm going to do the contradictory thing and claim I have a wonderful life. It's wonderful in spite of chronic injuries, having a career which necessitates another job just to pay the bills, no time, sleeplessness, etc., etc... Yes - the truth is out. I love living, and if life tries to suck, I draw its teeth and zip its lips.
...bruiseless breath / Frosts the sweet solemnity of star-embracing night,
Purpled, music loud as silence; Is this dreaming death?

Sounds Sublime... Because Music Ought to be a Banquet for the Senses...

#13 Briavel

Briavel

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 06:17 PM

<applause> Well said! smile.gif
user posted image

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man, let me understand -- "People are People," Depeche Mode
user posted image

#14 hoopyfroodcat

hoopyfroodcat

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:08 PM

Way to be, Almirena! thumbs.gif It really IS a wonderful life! smile.gif

#15 mikhail

mikhail

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:57 AM

wow I did not know you could do all that with the laptop. This entire time i've been quick thrusting, dodging back and sideways, and if I can parrying. I have a laptop but theres no way to do high swings and low swings easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users