• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arlo

Arlo

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:History, science, science fiction, Star Trek, politics.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

This has been puzzling me a while. In QfG 2 in the Hero's bedroom, there are several pillows and a strangely-shaped brown and black....something or the other. I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was. This has been driving me crazy! Is it a stuffed animal or something? It looks sort of like a calico-colored stuffed snake.

I've linked the image from the QfG2 remake, but this object is also present in the original EGA version. I've drawn a red rectangle over the object so you can see what it is I'm talking about:

Bonus Question: Why is the Hero's mattress sitting on a platform, instead of being like a traditional bed? Does anyone know if this is a genuine Middle Eastern-style bed, or was this just something the artist made up?

#2 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Arlo @ May 21 2011, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This has been puzzling me a while. In QfG 2 in the Hero's bedroom, there are several pillows and a strangely-shaped brown and black....something or the other. I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was. This has been driving me crazy! Is it a stuffed animal or something? It looks sort of like a calico-colored stuffed snake.

I've linked the image from the QfG2 remake, but this object is also present in the original EGA version. I've drawn a red rectangle over the object so you can see what it is I'm talking about:

Bonus Question: Why is the Hero's mattress sitting on a platform, instead of being like a traditional bed? Does anyone know if this is a genuine Middle Eastern-style bed, or was this just something the artist made up?

I know it's kind of a late reply, but...

That's a tiger skin blanket/throw. Since the nights can get very cold in the desert.

All is well!~

#3 Arlo

Arlo

FACS Graduate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:History, science, science fiction, Star Trek, politics.

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

That's okay. It is a late reply, but I haven't given up on solving this mystery.

I thought the pink thing was the blanket. Or is that just the bed sheet?

Also, do you seriously know that, or are you just making it up? Nothing wrong with making things up, but I'm just curious.

#4 Thepal

Thepal

Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

I gotta agree. It's just an animal pelt for some extra warmth (and detail in the scene)

#5 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

It just looked like an animal pelt to me.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users