Photo

Is there a point to using force bolt offensively?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zachski

Zachski

Young Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

I know in the remake it knocks enemies back.

But in this game, it's weaker than the Fire Dart spell you start with. So is there a point?

Edited by Zachski, 22 September 2009 - 05:18 PM.

All is well!~

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Only if you want to raise your skill in it. Throughout the series, not just in this game, Force Bolt is a spell that costs slightly more and hurts slightly less than Flame Dart. So generally, there's no point in using it over Flame Dart in combat unless you're under water or the enemy is resilient to flame. But I don't know much about enemy resilience throughout the series. (I just know it exists here and there)

#3 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

Funny, I didn't really notice. I think it was put there for more 'practical' uses, like knocking stuff down (like the boulders, the candle, etc). It actually makes sense in that case that it would do less damage since flame dart is supposedly combat exclusive and force bolt is multi-purpose.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users