3 replies to this topic

#1 half finished hero

half finished hero

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hey everyone. I was just wondering about the qfg 2 remake. where can I download and will it work ok on new computers. Or would I need all that crazy dos box stuff. Im no computer expert. I call myself half finished hero becuse im only half finished the games. I beat 1 2 and 3 but in 4 I couldnt get it to work well. But that was years ago. I will finish them someday when I buy the games again. I heard though that there might be a downloadable qfg2 remake. Where do I get it?

Id also like to say that I love qf1 so much. My dad bought me a copy of the game before they changed the name. I guess it used to be called heros quest. LOL and he still does have it stashed away at his place somewhere. Origianal box and everything.

I had purchesd the qfg anthology but somewhere along the way lost track of it. But will buy anotherone including qfg5 someday.

Anyway any help on the download for the qfg2 remake would be great!!!

And last but not least i want to say that I think it is great that people have made this site. And I love to see that the spirit of these games is still alive. Great work!!! beerchug.gif

#2 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

The remake of Quest for Glory 2 was not made by Sierra Online, but by a team of volunteers called AGD Interactive. (with permission from the copyright holder) It's not using Sierra's old engine, but rather an engine that's made to run on Windows. (gameplay-wise you won't see the difference though) Just install it and run it from the start menu.

AGD Interactive's website is at www.agdinteractive.com . Just visit the QFG2 section there.

Edited by Erpy, 05 July 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#3 half finished hero

half finished hero

Stable Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

Yes amazing. I found the website and download link. Thank you so much. Cant wait to download and play again. its been years scence I played qfg2. I dont even remember any of the story line so it will be like playing again for the first time. Ill probably be on this site looking for tips on how to beat it soon. LOL.

Did they do this with any of the other qfg games. If so where do I download those.

LOL

and once again thank you and everyone else on this website. merlin.gif

#4 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

No, QFG2 was the only game in the series still in the old EGA/parser style. AGD Interactive won't be touching any games that are already point&click.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users