33 replies to this topic

#16 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

I always felt guilty taking that stuff for free to do a job I knew I'd get 50 dinars for afterwards.

#17 DeadPoolX

DeadPoolX

Wabbit season or duck season?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Wasting a nosy person's time by getting them to read the "Your Interests" section in its entirety before they fully realize they could've been doing something constructive with their time.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

Maybe this is weird (a bit pathetic and/or stupid as well) but when QFG2 came out, I was a lot younger and I actually thought that the money changing chick was pretty hot (for EGA art, that is) and kept trying to have the Hero "get into" her pants. Never worked out though. tongue.gif

#18 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average guy. I love sports, hanging out with my friends and video games. I guess if you want to know, just ask.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (DeadPoolX @ Nov 2 2007, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe this is weird (a bit pathetic and/or stupid as well) but when QFG2 came out, I was a lot younger and I actually thought that the money changing chick was pretty hot (for EGA art, that is) and kept trying to have the Hero "get into" her pants. Never worked out though. tongue.gif

lol.gif You can always try typing "look at boobs" angel.gif
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#19 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (DeadPoolX @ Nov 2 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL Tell me about it. "look at boobs" gives you the quite descriptive reply of: "Nice." Although I personally liked Aziza smile.gif Think it may have been the outfit...

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#20 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:30 AM

From 'bucks to "boobs"' jestera.gif
I too learnt about 'beautiful' Dinarzad's "intimate exchanges" the hard way! Fortunately it is my habit to 'save' before doing something unfamiliar. I don't exactly remember the amount I got back...but it was something like one third. (The man in Tarna 'Dhab Khalis'? is definitely an honest man. Tells you he charges 10% and that's exactly what he does smile.gif ). But though that "B" a flirt she's equally a cheat!
When I left Spielburg I had more than 70 G and over 600 S rightfully earned (including the 50 G for freeing that stuck-up Equus asinus Barnard); but I was (I suppose everyone is) cheated out of the 50 G for getting the Bandit Leader, 50 G fot exposing the Wizard and 50 G for finding Elsa frown.gif crying2.gif !
Then again in Shapeir the announcement had said D 1,000 for restoring the old Emir Arus...but we don't get them. I suppose in both cases the ending ceremonies made them forget it. Ah well! You can't have every thing <rueful grin>!

Edited by Grand Dad, 08 November 2007 - 02:34 AM.

"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#21 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

You want sexy 16 color art? Shema's your girl. And surprisingly, I think that she's in her 40's or something since she has a fully grown nephew in Tarna, and despite this she looks likes she could get a job at any high class joint in New York! jestera.gif psycho.gif roflmao.gif

But anyways, returning to my year old comment about the money. As I said, the amount you have is no real concern since after you've bought all your stuff, you don't have the need for more and what's more is, the money is heavy... and why overburden your character with more cash than he can spend. Plus, there is a question as to why the hero didn't go out and fight in the desert during his stay in Shapeir. Sure, he's the prince now, but he's still got adventures ahead of him and why not train as hard as he plays.

Or then again, given that you can allocate 50 extra points at the beginning of QFG 3 I guess that's where those improvements came from... but that would lead to the question as to how he got more powerful with the points in the beginnings of QFG 4 and 5. I guess the magic from the journey must have souped him up a little. tongue.gif

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#22 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

Interesting someone else noticed that Shameen and Shema are really quite a bit older than they appear. They appear to be early thirties or so from their in-game dialog pics/closeups, but Shema is aunt to an obviously adolecent/adult Shallah and Shameen is uncle to Scoree who's old enough to get married. (Scoree is the oldest son of Shameen's sister) I'd say in their forties is a pretty accurate estimation. Maybe Katta age well.

#23 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

You know, they could well be a lot older than that, even. Who says that the katta age the same way or have the same lifespan as humans do. Also, if their repreductive behavior resembles the cat, they would be in heat pretty often, and would have several kittens in a litter. It might be interesting to use these kind of ideas for a story, if someone ever chose to use that race in one.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#24 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

Interesting someone else noticed that Shameen and Shema are really quite a bit older than they appear. They appear to be early thirties or so from their in-game dialog pics/closeups, but Shema is aunt to an obviously adolecent/adult Shallah and Shameen is uncle to Scoree who's old enough to get married. (Scoree is the oldest son of Shameen's sister) I'd say in their forties is a pretty accurate estimation. Maybe Katta age well.

Sallah was the prime way of telling that Shema was in her 40's at the least, but there is another indicator that is so balantly obvious, yet seems to pass by most people. They are referenced several times as being very important to the Katta people (Shameen is called by Abdulla to the 'prince among Kattas') just when you ask the katta merchants about them, they also seem to mention that they made an announcement that they would got to bring a hero to save their land and whatnot. It seemed that they were definately depended on by most Katta... and it's hard to imagine Shema being so shrewd and wise and yet be in her early to mid 20's, same rules applies to Shameen since they wouldn't make a very good couple if they were so different (they don't talk about being soul mates or having so much going for each other if they were 20 years apart and very different ambitions and pasts, etc, etc.).

Also, as for their aging... well, I don't know how cats age, but I have known some cats for many, many years and they didn't seem to have much of a different physically, though I have to admit, I did suspect that a certain cat's eyesight got weaker, but that's not a necessarily a sign of aging.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#25 Almirena

Almirena

Swordy Lady

• Members
  • 3,930 posts
  • Interests:Many. Brochure emailed upon request and payment of 2000 golds.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

It's possible that Katta develop into physically mature beings much more quickly than humans. They may be ready to marry at the age of 8 or 10.

In that case, our Katta may be a lot YOUNGER than they look.

#26 Paladin Wizard

Paladin Wizard

Divine Dragon god

• Members
  • 2,458 posts
  • Interests:Women, Treasure, Battles, Spoils of War, Women, Arcane Items, Technological Items, and Women.

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:58 AM

You can actually ask Dinizard for more money. It's been so long I no longer remember how much she would give you.

And speaking of Aziza when I was a longer lad hopped up on many a pain killer and other prescription meds for a time I decided to type in "kiss" in front of Aziza, there's no animation but she lets you. Then I decided to type "grab breasts" when thinking of the "cop a feel" option in Mordavia. Now that was an interesting responce.

Find QFG Import files here.

#27 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

It could be plausible that the (very rough estimate here) 7 years to 1 ratio that's used for dog years (or whatnot) could also apply to the Katta... In my fanfiction, I'm going for the "Aging the same" scenario. smile.gif

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#28 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

Boy o' boy...from bucks to boobs to looks then back to boobs and petting; nasty, nasty! Leave such thoughts and ideas for the experienced; they're not for kids or dreamers!! smile.gif.

PEACE!!!

#29 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:51 AM

It's possible that Katta develop into physically mature beings much more quickly than humans. They may be ready to marry at the age of 8 or 10.

In that case, our Katta may be a lot YOUNGER than they look.

So what you're saying is, the Katta in QFG might be like the Iskai in Albion? As in, they reach full maturity at age 10 or so and then get married and such and live out their adults lives until the age 30 or 40 (beyond 40 they can't live naturally). It was actually a very interesting game and concept of a species... they definately make it sound logical, especially with the Iskai being so impatient and always on edge and in a rush... we'd all be if we grew up so fast and lived so fast!

However, as I mentioned before, growing up so fast would mean a shorter all round lifespan. Remember that cats and dogs rarely live beyond ages 8 to 10 if they're stray (shorter since accidents are sadly common), but in domestic and semi-domestic (my cat in Dubai who is practically the mascot of the apartment building) would probably live longer, but after 15 or more years, their expectancy is fairly short... remember that 20 cat years is equal to 90 human years!

#30 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

The Katta are not CATS, they are people albeit Catpeople, so don't compare them. You are insulting them frown.gif!

PEACE!!!

Edited by Grand Dad, 11 June 2008 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users