#1 Orion

Orion

Paladin of Passion / Jennifer Hale Fanboy / Brony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Girls and Glory. *shrugs*

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:50 AM

So, after importing my newest Hero, Devon Aidendale, into Shapeir, first thing I did, of course, was a visit to the lovely Dinarzad.

I started with a whopping 251 Gold from Spielburg! So I figured, hey, let's exchange it all! What I got in return from the moneychanger was a measly 125 Dinar.

I mean, seriously! What the hell!?

So I restored, remembering an old trick I've done. I wanted to know just HOW much I was being cheated out of.

This time, I only exchanged 10 Gold at a time. It was much more profitable than the previous attempt. I ended up with 225 Dinar! 100 Dinars more than if I would have given her all the money up front!

She may be hot, but she's a scam artist!

(Yeah, I know it's old news, but I figured showing actual money amounts would show just how much she rips you off, as I've never known it was THAT much before.)

EDIT: Becuz I r a gud speeler

Edited by Orion, 12 July 2007 - 05:47 PM.

OrionPaladinOfPassion.gif

sigfacs.png

------------------------

FanFictions and Works in Progress:

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#2 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Wow, I had no idea about this! eek.gif

Gonna have to check it out hehe lol.gif

Thanks Orion sweety *blows him a big kiss (on the forehead..)*

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Kloreep

Kloreep

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

Yeah, she really does rip you off. Up to 50% it seems like, as you say. I recently replayed QFG2 and went in from QFG1 with 300 gold coins. I think she gave me only about 175 dinars when I exchanged them all at once.

I simply reloaded and exchanged 50 at a time, and all was good. smile.gif

#4 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Okay, so I checked how her rates go, here it is:

G = gold coin, D = dinar

10G - 9D
20G - 18D
30G - 27D
40G - 36D
50G - 45D

So, you're good exchanging money as long as you don't go over 50G at a time. At these low figures you are taxed 1D for every starting 10G (meaning that 11G costs just as much as 20G) you change. But when you go with bigger figures...

60G - 52D
70G - 60D
80G - 67D
90G - 73D
100G - 80D
110G - 85D
120G - 91D
130G - 96D
140G - 100D
150G - 105D

I just had to check that out. You'll be fine changing things in under 50G at a time.

Edited by Darian Kheynes, 13 July 2007 - 09:01 PM.

"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#5 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

Wow... I guess I never really payed much attention to the exchange rate, but now that I know this, I'll make sure to only exchange 50 gold at a time.

#6 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

Hey! Thanks alot Darian! smile.gif I think I might use that little guide there on my site for QG2 when I update it (slowly working on it now hehe)

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

Social Media: fb.pngtw.pngstm.pnghttp://www.legendsofglory.com/gp.pnghttp://www.legendsof...lory.com/gw.png

#7 Darian Kheynes

Darian Kheynes

Realistic Optimist

• Members
  • 1,589 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, music, mythology, philosophy, history...

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

Sure, be my guest. The amount of 150G is what you get when you start a new character. Obviously if you're importing you'll more than likely have about twice as much. Or, I usually do anyway.
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing... It kills a small piece of us each day. It holds us to what we know and keeps us from what's possible, and it's our worst enemy. Fear doesn't announce itself; it's disguised, and it's subtle. It's choosing the safe course; most of us feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks... The brave man is not the one without fear, but the one who does what he must despite being afraid. To succeed, you must be willing to risk total failure; you must learn this."

- Raymond E. Feist, The King's Buccaneer

#8 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average guy. I love sports, hanging out with my friends and video games. I guess if you want to know, just ask.

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

That Dinarzaad sure does know how to mask her treachery.
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.

#9 Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider

Hero of Five Lands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

Indeed she does. For the first time I exchanged my money from Spielburg at 50G per time, and was then able to buy pretty much everything I needed at once, including the Magic Rope, a sword from Issur and a whole bunch of pills. Thanks for sharing this info! beerchug.gif

#10 Paladinlover

Paladinlover

Armsmaster of Glorianna!

• Members
  • 2,900 posts
  • Interests:Firearms/military hardware.
    Paranormal stuff ocassionaly.
    Politics.
    Lots of other stuff.

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:37 AM

I really don't get why people obsess so much over the money exchange. Just spend a whole lot of money on vigor pills (BEFORE you even buy the new sword as a fighter or anything else) and practice with Uhura until your attack is on maximum (the other stuff can wait). After that, a single day and night out in the desert will result in more money than you can ever use.

Till next time stay cool cool.gif

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane, played by Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

"Blaming a gun for an action of a criminal is like blaming a car for some accident made by an idiotic driver." Paladinlover.

#11 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average guy. I love sports, hanging out with my friends and video games. I guess if you want to know, just ask.

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (Paladinlover @ Oct 30 2007, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't get why people obsess so much over the money exchange. Just spend a whole lot of money on vigor pills (BEFORE you even buy the new sword as a fighter or anything else) and practice with Uhura until your attack is on maximum (the other stuff can wait). After that, a single day and night out in the desert will result in more money than you can ever use.

My last play through as a thief, I netted close to 800 Dinars. I was quite disappointed when I got Tarna with only 100 Dinars left; I guess the Prince of Shapeir has a preference for booze and loose women angel.gif
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.

#12 DeadPoolX

DeadPoolX

Wabbit season or duck season?

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Wasting a nosy person's time by getting them to read the "Your Interests" section in its entirety before they fully realize they could've been doing something constructive with their time.

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Matthias @ Oct 30 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My last play through as a thief, I netted close to 800 Dinars. I was quite disappointed when I got Tarna with only 100 Dinars left; I guess the Prince of Shapeir has a preference for booze and loose women angel.gif

If he's the "Prince of Shapeir" why does he even have to pay for alcohol and "female entertainment" anyway? Shouldn't be entitled to that as royalty? Maybe that sounds sexist, but given the supposed culture and time period, I don't think there was much of a movement going on for "equal rights." wink.gif

#13 Orion

Orion

• Members
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (DeadPoolX @ Oct 31 2007, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Matthias @ Oct 30 2007, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he's the "Prince of Shapeir" why does he even have to pay for alcohol and "female entertainment" anyway? Shouldn't be entitled to that as royalty? Maybe that sounds sexist, but given the supposed culture and time period, I don't think there was much of a movement going on for "equal rights." wink.gif

C'mon, we all know Devon had his own harem. I would have if I was him *smirks*

sigfacs.png

------------------------

sigsd.png

sigahvh.png

sigoutlaw.png

sigheroism.png

sigimmortality.png

#14 Erpy

Erpy

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Matthias @ Oct 31 2007, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I recall correctly, when you get tossed into the Raseirian slammer, the guards take your money and since there's no more chance to make additional money after you escape, you'll have no moolah until the end of the game. That's why you always start QFG3 with a fixed amount of cash.

#15 iamtheman

iamtheman

Seasoned Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Everything... except rap\hip-hop music. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:37 AM

I bargain for everything. Especially in QfG2 when you need special items to fight the elements - I like how you can bargain for these things, and more often than not, you get them for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users