• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Free Knight

Free Knight

Hero Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Kung Fu (no seriously, I know Kung Fu). Archaeology (I'm an Archaeologist after all), Reading, Muay Thai, Guitar and blacksmithing.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:44 AM

Hey All,

I've never done QG2 without having magic, but I remember when you start QG3 with a Paladin or Fighter, it shows him kicking the candle and then charging Ad Avis. Did anyone get this to work I always had to use magic (trigger on statue then Force bolt on candle) Is there no statue for pure fighters?

It's not crazy important, I'm just curious.
The Free Knight, Adamus Maximus; Paladin, Blacksmith, Archaeologist. Beware my flaming trowel of excavation.

#2 Elsa Von Spielburg

Elsa Von Spielburg

Founder/Webmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

It works the same way they show it smile.gif

You just have to run into the candle circle and then you have to run into Ad Avis smile.gif

The statue is there for all classes - except for the Thief if you come from the back using your magic rope smile.gif

My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin.

What kind of Hero Are You?

www.theschoolforheroes.com

#3 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Free Knight @ Apr 17 2006, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey All,

I've never done QG2 without having magic, but I remember when you start QG3 with a Paladin or Fighter, it shows him kicking the candle and then charging Ad Avis. Did anyone get this to work I always had to use magic (trigger on statue then Force bolt on candle) Is there no statue for pure fighters?

It's not crazy important, I'm just curious.

For me the weird thing is when I beat QGII as a paladin, the intro for QGIII shows me trading spells with Ad Avis even though at the end of QGII I do the whole candle-kicking and knocking him off the edge...
I call that a bargain, the best I ever had...

#4 Matthias

Matthias

Champion

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average guy. I love sports, hanging out with my friends and video games. I guess if you want to know, just ask.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Did you have magical abilities? You said you beat the game as a Paladin, but you don't become one until the end, so I'm assuming you meant Fighter. Could just be a bug, I remember always having a timer bug associated with the opening movie as a Fighter (it would just lock up when the flames fell out of the brazier), and I never saw the rest of his opening cutscene until much later (with DOSBox).
Shepard: I'm offering to be your friend. You don't want to be my enemy.
Garrus: They have a way of dying...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
My name is Matthias and I am a Warrior.
What kind of Hero Are You?
www.theschoolforheroes.com

#5 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

It's how you played in Trial, if you had some magic abilities as a Fighter then no matter how you import it'll always start that way not that it'll make any differnce as Elsa says smile.gif! A pure Figher's start will be with Ad Avis's candles!!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

#6 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

To answer you guys, I became a Paladin at the end of QGII but did not have any magical abilities during QGII...weird, then, isn't it?

#7 Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade

[insert clever title here]

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  • Interests:Typical nerdy stuff - been a Sierra fan since the DOS days (1987 or thereabouts). Been singing (choir and solo) for the last 8 years. Also been writing (fan-fics, parodies, poetry, and serious stuff for a long, looooong time...) *G*

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

You know, I just thought of something: "Kicking Ad Avis's candles" sounds like a euphimism for something much worse. Could it be...? ;-)

Naaah... *evil grin*
My Inner Hero - Wizard!

IPB Image

There are many types of magic, but all require a sharp mind and a cool head. There is no puzzle I can't solve, no problem I can't think my way out of. When you feel confused or uncertain, you can always rely on me to untangle the knots and put everything back in order for you.

#8 Peter Paladin

Peter Paladin

FACS Student

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hehe, now don't go there! psycho.gif

#9 Grand Dad

Grand Dad

Seeker of Universal Peace and Justice!

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking &amp; Hunting(both in the past) and Computer Games (Adventure, RPG &amp; especially Strategy)

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

Yes if don't import as a Paladin then it IS as straight fighter and you don't get any Healing abilities! It's when you have restored the Spear and Drum and come for the Peace Conferance that Rakeesh offers you the Flaming Sword (Soulforge). You take it there but after destroyng the Demons leave it there. And again then again in Shadows you get the choice whether you play as a Paladin or Fighter!!

PEACE!!!
"When in prosperity give advice; when in misfortune take it".

Beyond the flight of time,
Beyond the realm of death,
There surely is some blessed clime,
Where life is not a breath!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users