Perfect Score with Thief!

Discuss everything to do with Quest for Glory III: Wages of War. Ask for and/or give support etc...
Zachski
Hero Wannabe

Perfect Score with Thief!

Post by Zachski » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:51 am

No, that's not a photoshopped image, that is the real deal! Thanks to the Paladin Import Glitch, discovered by iICrowIi, people are able to reach in and grab an additional 8 points gained from gaining Paladin powers.

(The way it works is - you import a character as a Paladin, cancel, and import the character as the class you want to play as. Due to the way the game sets variables, you can gain Paladin points. And while you don't gain points for Paladin-specific actions, you do gain points for gaining Paladin powers.)

That being said, even getting 495 as a Thief normally is hard work, and there were two 8 point things I missed due to specifics.

I missed 8 points when talking to Johari because simply Telling her about the Drum isn't enough - you have to actually show her the drum by clicking it on her.

And the really painful one that drove everyone crazy - I missed 8 points at the leopardman hut because if you have the difficulty set to Easy, you don't get to play the minigame for crossing the rope, and the game won't award you the points for crossing the rope if you don't play the minigame. You have to increase the difficulty - probably all the way up.

100% for an imported Thief is now 500 points! Sadly, a new game Thief is still stuck with 495. But you can't win them all, I guess.

Many thanks to the Quest for Glory-Speedrunning Discord for helping me narrow down the missing points!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. ;)
How to use a Fluidsynth soundfont in DOSBox for Windows

Elsa Von Spielburg
Site Admin

Re: Perfect Score with Thief!

Post by Elsa Von Spielburg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:57 pm

I mostly don't really pay attention to score points, but I know many people do, so gratz my friend! :)
My name is Elsa Von Spielburg and I am a Paladin. A.K.A. Mrs McLaren.
What kind of Hero Are You?
http://www.theschoolforheroes.com