What I would want added/changed in a remake of this game

Discuss everything to do with Quest for Glory III: Wages of War. Ask for and/or give support etc...
Zachski
Hero Wannabe

What I would want added/changed in a remake of this game

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:48 am

• Tarna expanded - Being able to explore areas that were implied to exist, or even get in trouble for trying to enter the Liontaur sector of Tarna (with a Thief specific quest to go there and steal from some Liontaur nobleman)
  • More enemies, including the enemies that are mentioned by name, but more as well
  • Fighter specific quest to go into the Ant Colony to help Arnie out with getting formic acid from the Queen.
  • Elemental damage that functions properly, or else giving each spell unique effects that do different but useful things in battle (like Flame Dart makes an enemy burn for a bit, Force Bolt stuns, Lightning Ball just flat-out deals a lot of damage, etc.)
  • Thieves have a more explicit chance to avoid encounters on the world map (it's implied that you can reduce encounter rate by sneaking on the world map but it's hard to tell if it's working or not)
  • Less events that depend on days passing or screens traveled
  • Paladins getting specific sidequests.
  • Making the magic staff stay with you even if you move, and being able to bring it into combat, at the cost of not being able to use your physical attacks. Instead of flat-out giving you infinite MP while it's out, it improves your damage with spells, while reducing their cost.
  • Fighter gets an alternative way of gaining entrance to the Lost City - he charges in through the front door and literally battles his way through an army of demons and apemen to the top where he can finally free Reeshaka
  • Perhaps an optional sidequest for the Wizard-Hero that allows him to join the Leopardman tribe, if he proves himself worthy in a grueling trial. Something that would carry over into the next games, functioning like a magical Paladin, in a sense.
  • The Fighter can use a spear for fighting purposes.
  • Night time skies out in the field, too.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. ;)
How to use a Fluidsynth soundfont in DOSBox for Windows

DBoyWheeler
Hero Wannabe

Re: What I would want added/changed in a remake of this game

Post#2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Good point--I could so imagine taking on a Hyenaman... maybe they'd be QG3's equivalent of the Jackalmen!
"The Way of the Paladin: To Seek, To Learn, To Do" --from Quest for Glory II: Trial By Fire

Return to “Quest for Glory III: Wages of War.”